2022 Mission Trips
PRAYING, GOING, GIVING, & SENDING
In 2022, Tabernacle will have international connections through our partners and with those in which we are the sending church. These connections are in Africa, Italy, the Himalayas, Belgium, Portugal, Alaska, Colorado, South Carolina, Atlanta, and here in Cartersville. We also have the opportunity to minister with the Bassmaster Classic Team. Through these avenues, it is our desire to be an “Acts 1:8 Church” in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. We do this by being committed as a “Great Commission Church” (Matthew 28:18-20) to accomplish the task.
PRAYER is the power source to see Great Commission work accomplished. Our prayer emphasis for our families on the field, NAMB missionaries, state, and local missionaries is called “Holding the Ropes.” Please be a rope holder and commit to praying for each of these in 2022!
TBC is committed to GO! Throughout 2022, we will come alongside our international families and our partners to join them in their work. Will you choose to “GO” in 2022?
Tabernacle is a GIVING church. Through our church budget, we will give 5% to the Cooperative Program this year, which in turn disperses funds to each of our mission branches of the Southern Baptist Convention. These branches include the International Mission Board (IMB), North American Mission Board (NAMB), State Missions, and Global Disaster Relief. We also have an avenue through our World Mission Offering here at TBC to send funds directly to the mission field. This includes the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, North American Missions, TBC Missions, and State Missions. In addition, 2.3% of our budget goes to the Bartow Baptist Association. Your gifts, support, and investments truly impact our world!
TBC is a SENDING church. We have sent five families to serve on the international field. We have also sent one to serve on the national field, and one who is serving as a state missionary. In addition to that, we have some who feel called to go, and some who are already making plans to go. Last year, we began a mission intern program to help those who are being called, get involved in missions. Our hope is to send more out!
We are Involved in Global Connections!
We are committed to making global connections at Tabernacle Baptist Church by:
- Giving to support the mission
- Going to share the message
- Praying to see the harvest
We are committed to the Great Commission. “Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you; and I will be with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
We want to be intentional about following Jesus’ command.
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
Tabernacle is a sending church, with families from our own congregation serving internationally and stateside.
- R, S, N, E, L, & K – Italy
- J, A, AK, F, & H – Italy
- J, M, B, S & R – The Himalayas
- C, D, KG, J & E – NAMB
- T, H, P, & R – Belgium
We also partner with the following:
- Chaplain Major Eric Dean and Family – United States Army
- The Roberts’ Families – Morgan Grace Church Plant, Ogden, UT
- The Carroll Family – Brazil
- The Phillips Family – Journey Point Church Plant, Denver, CO
- The Belmore Family – University of AK, BCM
- The Lee Family – City View Church Plant, Atlanta, GA
- Every Believer a Witness Ministries – Dennis Nunn, Greensboro, NC
- The Bridge Ministry – Cartersville, GA
- WCCV Christian Radio, The Message – Cartersville, GA
- Good Neighbor Shelter – Cartersville, GA
- Advocates for Children – Bartow Co, GA
- Georgia Baptist Children’s Home – Palmetto, GA
- Bartow Co Resource Center – Cartersville, GA
- Bartow Family Resources – Cartersville, GA
- Dick Forbes Counseling Services – Cartersville, GA