Is the Vision Worth the Sacrifice?
In 1947, Tabernacle members envisioned a “brick” sanctuary on the corner of Tennessee and Church Streets for the purpose of reaching people for Jesus Christ. Today, over 3 generations of believers have worshipped and fellowshipped at this location. Their vision became a reality!
Many of you have attended sessions where people shared their personal defining moments at Tabernacle. We discussed our shared vision for a future project of our own. Our Pastor, the staff, and many leaders have already made commitments and donations in support of the vision.
Our Campaign Team’s goal is to receive 50% of the projected amount from members prior to the public phase of commitment that will begin on February 19th. Having commitments in place is important, as verified commitments will help us be wise and faithful in our planning and stewardship.
If you believe the vision is worth the sacrifice, please complete the form linked above to support this phase of the campaign. Through committing to work together, perhaps people 3 generations from now will still be “connecting people to their ultimate purpose in life in Jesus Christ” here on the corner of Tennessee and Church Streets.
February 5 – March 26
SEEK Sermon Series
First Fruits Offering
- The original brick buildings on the South end of our camps that serve as our Student worship and LifeGroup spaces are in ill repair.
- As guests come to Tabernacle on Sundays and throughout the week, there is currently not a clear entrance into our facility.
- Our Worship Center is currently the only indoor access between the North end of our campus and the South end of our camps.
- Our staff have offices spread throughout our facility, with many being in the original brick buildings, which are in ill repair.
- In light of these challenges before us, we must prayerfully and purposely root ourselves in downtown Cartersville, reach our community with the gospel, and connect others to their ultimate purpose in life in Jesus Christ through a significant investment in our church.
- Bartow County and the City of Cartersville is experiencing growth and development at a fast pace. Since 2010, the population has increased 11.35%
- Every day, nearly 20,000 cars pass by our facility on Tennessee Street and Church Street.
- 52% of people within 10 miles of our church have no involvement in a religious congregation.
- Whether existing or new residents, our community desperately needs a faithful, gospel-driven church!
Replace Declining Facilities
We believe it would be better stewardship to replace the brick building on the South end of our camps than try to repair them. We are thankful for the sacrifice of those who built these facilities decades ago, and though they have been used mightily for the Lord’s work in the past, they are no longer suitable for our present needs.
In addition, this new building will provide one large, clear entrance for our community. On numerous occasions throughout the week, visitors arrive to our campus, but they see no clearly marked entrance to our buildings. We can create a place where numerous people connect with the body of Christ and the life-changing power of the Gospel.
Provide Ministry Spaces for Youth and Students
The building we’re proposing will provide dedicated space for our youth and students that is specially designed to meet their needs. By providing such a space in the center of our county, we can strategically position ourselves to minister to students of all four public high schools in our county, every middle school, each private school, and homeschool students as well. We can create a place where many youth and students experience the life-changing power of a relationship with Jesus.
Create Meeting and Working Spaces for Staff
Currently, our staff work in older working spaces strewn across our campus. Some work in less than ideal, even unfitting, spaces. New office spaces will provide a positive and unifying work environment. Additionally, new community spaces will give suitable spots to weekly ministry and visitors who step foot onto our campus.
Now is the time for us to give sacrificially to make the most of the moment. Prayerfully consider how your gifts will advance our God inspired mission and vision.
Stretch Goal – Over 36 Months
The SEEK Campaign Giving Profile
( 36-month commitment – above & beyond current/regular giving )