Who is Tabernacle?
Tabernacle exists to connect people to their ultimate purpose in life in Jesus Christ.
Tabernacle exists to connect people to their ultimate purpose in life in Jesus Christ through Fellowship, Worship, Discipleship Training, and Outreach.
Passions (What makes us unique?)
- Biblical Authority – We desire to allow the Bible to dictate all our beliefs and actions.
- Faithful Stewardship – We desire to be generous with our time, talents, and treasure to advance the Kingdom of God.
- Ministry Excellence – We desire to glorify God by doing everything to the best of our ability.
- Family Focus – We desire to provide biblical ministries that support and empower families.
- Community Engagement – We desire to show Christ to those around us by serving our community.
2 Timothy 3:14-17, Hebrews 4:12, John 17:17, Matthew 5:17-19, Psalm 119:105-106
2 Corinthians 9:6-11, Romans 12:1-2 & 6-8, 1 Peter 4:10-11, Matthew 6:21, Genesis 1:28-30, 2 Samuel 24:24, Malachi 3:10
Colossians 3:23, 1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Corinthians 15:58, 2 Timothy 4:7-8, Ephesians 4:12-15, 2 Corinthians 8:7
Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Psalm 127:3, Proverbs 22:6, Psalm 78:1-8, Ephesians 6:4, Deuteronomy 11:18-21, Joshua 24:15
John 17:18, Acts 17:6, Matthew 5:13-16, 1 Peter 4:8, Mark 16:15
We intentionally structure our regular meeting times to fulfill our priorities.
Formed in 1911, Tabernacle Baptist Church started as East Side Baptist Church in a building on Tennessee Street. In 1925 the church was meeting in a temporary building nicknamed “The Tabernacle.” During this time, the church was renamed “Tabernacle Baptist Church.” In 1944, what is now the youth worship space was constructed as the church sanctuary on Church Street. As the church has grown, the facilities have expanded to meet the needs of the Church. In addition to having many active ministries, Tabernacle also operates the Tabernacle Weekday Preschool.