Kids Ministry (1st – 5th Grade)
The goal of the Kids Ministry at Tabernacle is to partner with parents in laying a foundation for salvation and building up spiritually healthy kids for life. We want kids and their families to know their ultimate purpose in Jesus Christ. TBC Kids invites children to have fun while learning about Jesus and growing in their faith through weekly gatherings.
Starting February 28, 2021, Tabernacle will offer three different worship services on Sunday mornings at 8:00 am, 9:30 am, and 11:00 am. At each service, sermon activity bags are available for your child to use to help them stay engaged in the service. In each bag, your child will find:
- Sermon notes activity page for kids
- Fruit gummies snack
- A fidget toy (changes weekly)
The 11:00 am service has been designed to be a family-focused service just for your family! Although you can attend any service, this service includes some elements from Kids Worship, such as Scripture memory and a song with choreography. Pastor Patrick’s sermon is adapted slightly for this service to include visual elements and kid-friendly application points.
We are excited to start back LifeGroups on Sunday mornings. Please click here to read our Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
What to Expect:
Every child, preschool through 5th grade, will be greeted with a smile and will check in with our secure sticker system. The check-in process is quick and easy; guardians can obtain security stickers at either the Preschool welcome desk or the TBC Kids Welcome Center on the second floor of the Education Building. Guardians are given a matching security sticker that must be turned in when picking up your child from the classroom.
Because we recognize that we are a reflection of God’s love to the kids in our care, we take seriously our responsibility to provide a safe environment for the children who attend Tabernacle.
Kids LifeGroup at 9:30 am & 11:00 am:
LifeGroups for 1st – 5th graders is offered at both the 9:30 am and 11:00 am worship hours. During Kids LifeGroups, we use the Gospel Project for Kids.
TBC Kids recognizes the parents’ role as the primary disciples of their child as found in Deuteronomy 6. TBC Kids desires to partner with parents in the spiritual development of their child. Throughout the year, several parent discipleship classes are offered, including fall parent meetings, January parenting seminars, and Foundations New Believers classes.
Use these tips to help you share the Gospel with the kids:
- Pray. Ask the Lord to guide your conversation.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead
As much as you may like to do so, you cannot make a child accept Jesus. Only God can draw children to Him (John 6:44).
- Remain conversational. Ask open-ended questions, instead of yes/no questions.
- Do not jump to conclusions and avoid giving more information than a child needs.
- Continue asking questions based on the child’s response. Some children may only want affirmation or want to please the adult. The child must sense a “need” for a Savior, not just simply want to do something good.
- Speak in clear terms.
- “Church Words”
- Ask Jesus to come into your heart OR give your heart to Jesus
- Kid-Friendly Explanation
- wrong things or bad stuff we do
- living our way instead of God’s way
- become a Christian, a part of God’s family OR ask Jesus to be your forever friend
- turn away from wrong ways, live the way God wants
- tell Jesus you believe what the Bible says about Him and want Him to be the boss of your life
- ask Jesus to be a part of your life and forgive your sins
- Encourage the child to express his/her own ideas.
- Give time for thought.
- Rely on the Bible.
***Exercise care in talking with kids about salvation. Each child should be dealt with individually to ensure a personal understanding. Kids must sense a personal “need” for a Savior, not just want to do this because it’s a good thing to do or because a friend has become a Christian.
Parents are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for Remind texts by texting @tbckidmin to 81010. Parents will receive weekly updates through the Remind text app.
If you would like to learn more about TBC Kids, please contact Rebecca Willoughby, Director of TBC Kids, at firstname.lastname@example.org.