When: June 5-8
Time: mornings or evenings
Where: various neighborhoods and parks
English Practice Camp
When: June 5-8
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Where: Tabernacle Baptist Church
Middle East Mission Trip
When: June 15-23
Registration: $540 due April 16
Estimated Cost: $2,700
Physical Activity Level: mild
Travel: Passport required for flight
When: July 17-20
Kids Ministry (1st – 5th Grade)
The goal of the Kids Ministry at Tabernacle is to partner with parents in laying a foundation for salvation and building up spiritually healthy kids for life.
Tabernacle Kids invites children to have fun while learning about Jesus and growing in their faith through weekly LifeGroup classes, Kids Worship, Wednesday programming, KidVenture Camp (VBS), PreTeen Camp, plus much more!
What to Expect on a Visit:
Every child will be greeted with a smile and will check in with our secure sticker system. The check-in process is quick and easy; guardians can obtain security stickers at either the Preschool welcome desk or the Tabernacle Kids Welcome Center on the second floor of the Education Building. Guardians are given a matching security sticker that must be turned in when picking up your child from the classroom.
Sunday Morning Schedule:
- 1st – 3rd Grade
- 9:15 am – Kids Worship – Large group, high-energy, engaging worship for kids using The Gospel Project for Kids curriculum
- 10:45 am – LifeGroups – Small group Bible study, divided by grades, using The Gospel Project for Kids curriculum
- We encourage 4th – 5th graders to attend Worship with their parents at either 9:15 or 10:45 am.
- A special LifeGroup for 4th and 5th graders, IMPACT 45, is offered at 9:15 and 10:45 am. The two classes are identical so families can decide which hour works best.
- IMPACT 45 is a small group Bible study designed specifically for PreTeens. In this fun class, we use The Gospel Project for Kids curriculum.
4th – 5th Grade
Sunday Evening Schedule:
- 1st-5th graders will be able to participate in Bible Skills Fun & Games, 5:00 – 6:00. Kids will work on Bible skills, such as naming books of Bible and finding passages, memorizing Scripture, and learning five new Key Passages.
- ZIP for Kids meets on Wednesday nights at 6:00 – 7:15pm. Each week, Pastor Patrick will teach kids about David in large group, then kids will go to different Tracks (such as Nerf Games, Food Fun, Wacky Science, etc.) and will conclude each Wednesday evening with a fun activity that ties back to the day’s lesson on David.
Tabernacle Kids recognizes the parents’ role as the primary disciples of their child as found in Deuteronomy 6. Tabernacle Kids desires to partner with parents in the spiritual development of their child. Throughout the year, several parent discipleship classes are offered, including fall parent meetings, January parenting seminars, and Foundations New Believers classes.
Parents are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for Remind texts by texting @tbckidmin to 81010. Parents will receive updates through the Remind text app.
Because we recognize that we are a reflection of God’s love to the kids in our care, we take seriously our responsibility to provide a safe environment for the children who attend Tabernacle.
If you would like to learn more about Tabernacle Kids, please contact Rebecca Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Talk to Your Child About Salvation:
If you child has questions about becoming a follower of Jesus, use these tips as you talk to your child:
- Pray. Ask the Lord to guide your conversation.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead
As much as you may like to do so, you cannot make a child accept Jesus. Only God can draw children to Him (John 6:44).
- Remain conversational. Ask open-ended questions, instead of yes/no questions.
- Do not jump to conclusions and avoid giving more information than a child needs.
- Continue asking questions based on the child’s response. Some children may only want affirmation or want to please the adult. The child must sense a “need” for a Savior, not just simply want to do something good.
- Speak in clear terms.
- “Church Words”
Ask Jesus to come into your heart OR give your heart to Jesus
- Kid-Friendly Explanation
wrong things or bad stuff we do
living our way instead of God’s way
become a Christian, a part of God’s family OR ask Jesus to be your forever friend
turn away from wrong ways, live the way God wants
tell Jesus you believe what the Bible says about Him and want Him to be the boss of your life
ask Jesus to be a part of your life and forgive your sins
- Encourage the child to express his/her own ideas.
- Give time for thought.
- Rely on the Bible.
** Salvation counseling is available by reaching out to Rebecca Willoughby, Tabernacle Kids Director, at email@example.com.
Watch The Big Picture of God’s Story here.
Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/tbckidmin on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.